This is me and Carly - I thought I would put a picture up of her and I since I will be picking her up tonight from the airport!
Okay. In order for me to get up-to-date on what I have been up to out here, I'm going to try to make a list and paraphrase... I know I get SO long winded, and really. Not everyone wants to read that. Here, I will try:
One weekend, a bunch of us went out in Hollywood. We went to the Hotel Cafe and then went to a place called the Beauty Bar. The Hotel Cafe is a great place to hear a wide variety of live music. While we were there we heard three different performers - and they all were pretty good! Everyone should know by now how much I love to hear live music, so it was a really great night. Then at the Beauty Bar, we met up with a couple other friends and danced for the rest of the night. The bar offered a wide variety of people - Definitely not like a bar in Nebraska or Minnesota! It was very interesting.
1. Phil Wickham - True Love
2. Paramore - My Heart
3. Shawn McDonald - Take My Hand
4. Metro Station - Shake it
5. Pitbull - The Anthem
6. M.I.A. - Paper Planes
7. Missy Higgins - Nightminds and Unbroken
8. Rilo Kiley - Money maker and Dreamworld
9. Lupe Fiasco - Supestar and Sunshine
10. Regina Spektor - Hotel song
11. The Ting Tangs - Great DJ
12. The Walkmen - We've been had
The first 7 or songs remind me of certain moments here in California and the rest have been suggested to me by my roomies, co-workers and friends from home. Mr. Dan Fly put together a huge list of songs for me to check out and he pretty much knew my taste of music to a T - I have enjoyed everything he has suggested - Its been a really good music week for me. Music makes me happy. :)
I finally finished Blue Like Jazz on Sunday, and now I have started two new books. Erwin's Soul Cravings and Sex God, which is another one of Abbi's suggestions. So far, I like both. I've read two chapters of both and look forward to continue reading! Wow, I really enjoy reading!! It is amazing what you discover when TV is taken away! haha But seriously, if I had TV I probably wouldn't be able to listen to as much music as I do, or read as much as I do - So, thank you TOMS for not giving us TV!
I recently rented Into the Wild with a friend, and I suggest that everyone see it. I think there are a lot of lessons to learn from his experiences and the main thing that I took from it, is that there is no happiness unless it is shared. :)
The last thing I will write about, is the "Visit California" commercial that I recently saw. When my family was here, I got a little TV time and one of the commercials was this one... Go to www.visitcalifornia.com and click on the "Visit California Video" link... and You will see why it made me smile.
I think I am all blogged out for awhile. I'm going to continue to TRY harder on keeping up with this thing, so that my posts aren't this long each time!
Much Love - I miss and love everyone who is not here and who I have not seen in a very long time.
-Kirsten aka Kirken aka K-Fed aka KJ aka Kirken Marie
1 comment:
the more you post, the more i smile. um, i have some music for you that i think you might love--based on the list you just gave. can't wait til i'm next to you and we can share our thoughts face to face.
Post a Comment