Happy Father's Day!
Today is one of those days when I realize what I am missing out on by living here. I missed Mother's Day and now Father's Day... I will most likely miss Thanksgiving for the 2nd year in a row. What a downer to think about. You could say I'm a little 'home' sick today.
I do have the comfort of my roomates, and the comfort of knowing that I do actually know people here... I still need to continue
I also need to be investing more time in my roomates. Actually doing things together. Over this past week, we have started to watch Felicity. It's possibly one of the best shows ever made - While in college, I asked for all 4 seasons on dvd... what an amazing investment that was. When I lived in the Roundhouse with my 6 other soriority sisters, I got them all hooked on Felicity... we constantly had the show on... Watched all 4 seasons in about two weeks. Well, it is now the same way here at my apartment - we are now on the 2nd season. We are all addicted. It has been fun to bond over Felicity - if
you know the show, you know what I am talking about...But now that it will be the 3rd week of working for me, I think I will be able to have some kind of routine, plan for things - go out and actually Do things, other than going home and crashing on the couch to watch Felicity and do more work.
Yesterday was a perfect example of how I should be spending my days off. After uploading & editing pictures, I worked out (2 days in a row! about to make it 3!) and then went to the Getty over looks the entire city with Garett.
The Getty is set up in the hills above Santa Monica and The view is incredible and yesterday was a beautiful day. There is a lot of art, a garden, architecture tours, changing exhibits, etc... I got to see some paintings by Degas (who was one of my favorites in high school), Monet, Manet; photography by Andy Worhol and August Sander. I have forgotten how much I love to go to art galleries... Another goal for this week - go to another art gallery... There are SO many here, I'm just dumb for not going weekly! It also reminded my how much I miss painting and going out and taking photos, I have not been doing that as much as I would want to.
Where I work - Larchmont Village, in Hollywood - I see so many interesting and unique characters everyday that I'm going to try to take pictures atleast once a week on my lunch break. I really love that area. The good thing about having to drive a lot in LA, has been the discovery of new areas like Larchmont.
Anyways... So, after the Getty we went to a movie in a Cemetary! I had heard about this from my boss at iDA and she said it something that is put on every Saturday and
Last night, they showed 'My Man Godfrey.' We really enjoyed it!
But anyways - the movie in the cemetary was a lot of fun! We plan on going more and bringing friends - it was a really great evening!
I'm really excited because I'm planning on coming home for 12 days in August. I have a friend's wedding (Katie Larson & Colin!) and then want to spend the rest of the time at the Lakes. I'm really excited!!
Well, I'm off to work out, then to a Red Bull bbq, then off to Mosaic! Should be fun!
I hope everyone had a great weekend :)
3 comments:
hi roomie :]
I miss you so much, dear. I love that you're keeping your blog updated. It's another small way to keep in touch.
Give me a call anytime. I'm missing California terribly and can't wait to get back out there.
Love.
can we please go back to that summer again :)
Post a Comment