Sunday, June 29, 2008

Foggy Mornings

Two to three times a week, I work early mornings (6am) at Red Bull. Where I live I have to drive down a hill and down a road that is surround by marsh in order to get anywhere... And this is what it looks like at 5:45 in the morning. It is absolutely beautiful - the fog is incredible. The mornings that I don't get up at 5, I wonder what that morning's sunrise looked like... It is pretty cool to be able to see how each day starts.

Today, I'm a little homesick again. I've already put in 30 hours of work in two and a half days and have a long night ahead of me. I'm incredibly exhausted. I've had a lot going on at iDA and have stayed there until atleast 7:30 at night... and last night I brought work home with me. My paychecks have definitely been worth it, it feels SO good to be paid :)

Working a lot has also made me lazy about calling people back. I haven't talked to a couple of my friends in a couple weeks - which will be the longest I have gone since being here... I miss them A LOT and look forward to them someday visiting... I found cheap tickets to Omaha for October - I might be purchasing one soon.

I'm homesick not only because I'm working so much, but because in two days, its the 4th of July and I will not be in Minnesota at the Lakes. I miss Minnesota summers, and going to the Lake all the time and seeing family - I'm REALLY sad that I'm not seeing family this weekend. Ahhh, July 31st can't come fast enough!

But, I am still excited for my 4th of July here in California - I'm headed down to San Diego to see Lindsay! yay! It is about time... I just realized that I haven't seen her since May 5th, 2007 - which is when we graduated from college! (Umm, still in disbelief that I graduated college over a year ago!)

Me and Abbi's other roomate Becca moves in today! She has been in Florida for the past month and is finally getting here! We are really excited to have her back... Once she gets all settled, we are throwing an apartment warming theme party - I'm really exciting... I'm rooting for a "Super Hero" theme.

I've really been enjoying my roomates (even though I hardly seen them!). I like coming home and having someone home and turning on Felicity and being goofy with them. Like last night - I came home loopy from working a really long day - and watched Felicity with Krystal & Molly. (Abbi, we missed you.) And this past weekend, we made dinner together a couple times - I'm loving the 5 people in one apartment. I would be sooo lonely without them! Some mornings when I work from home, me and Krystal hang out. Its fun. I love you roomies. :)

Last weekend, Me, Krystal and Abbi went to a TOMS get together... It was so... Different. (Allie, Kim, Trice & Carly - you were missed) Most of the new interns were there, they are all soo young, but seemed just as excited about TOMS as we were. Which is Great. Me, Abbi and Garett also ran into some of the them at the beach on Sunday. I would think I would run into them a lot more considering the intern house is right up the street from our apartment!

This is me at work (@IDA) ------------------------------------->

I'm taking a break to write this blog... I've been wanting to blog so bad over the past few days and really haven't had a good chance to do so.

This is the dog that visits us everyday at iDA. Her name is Silvie and she is a pitbull mix, she is such a good, friendly dog. I can't wait until Mallory moves in with us because she is bringing her dog with her! (Of course, I'm excited for her as well :)) But, to be honest. No dog beats Jewels. I really miss her. I'm kidnapping her the whole week I am home and bringing her to the Lake with me so we can spend some quality time together :)

The next picture is of the street that I park on everyday at IDA. I really love this area (Larchmont Villiage.) Its a real neighborhood feel, with fun shops, restaurants, pizza parlors, ice cream shops... I love going for walks when I get the chance. (We have to move our cars every two hours around here... Which is a pain, but also nice because it forces me to get out of the office and walk around... which I don't mind.)

I went to Bel Air Presb again on Sunday with Garett. I enjoyed it more than the first time. I sat next to an older woman who was sniffling the entire service. She later told me that the man that usually sits next to her had passed away the day prior - she told me this right before the sermon... Garett looked at me and I had tears in my eyes, I really just wanted to give her a hug and comfort her. Sitting next to her made me realize how important it is to go to a church with members that are her age - If Garett wouldn't have been there, I would have wanted to have lunch with her. But she of course was so welcoming, along with all the other 'older' members that sat around us. When we go to the 9 o'clock service, we are apart of the few young adults in the crowd, which I actually like. But, I think next Sunday, G and I are going to go to another church - I'm really wanting to find a Home church... Lindsay has found one in San Diego that I wish I could go to!

I know there is a lot that I wanted to write about, that I have forgotten. So, I hope to blog again this weekend.

Happy 4th of July to everyone!

.......


I remembered something...

So, I got a text from Garett last Friday saying "I just met Brett Dennen, what a nice guy..."

Well! Turns out, Brett Dennen stopped by TOMS (and, they didn't call me immediately to come... ugh!) I guess he is now a big supporter of TOMS (please see my post in March where I talk about meeting Brett and giving him TOMS....). AND, Brett even BLOGGED about TOMS and has a picture up of the pair of shoes I gave him. See his post here... Brett & TOMS. I gave him the pair on the left - pretty cool huh!!

2 comments:

mdharmelink said...

Hey I did not know that you were blogging but I saw it on your facebook. I will try and keep up on it, I only read this entry but I liked it... I am into blogs these days, I think they are great becuase they have thought and I think that something about the person comes out in their writing, and they are just so easy for people to read... Ok, maybe I should go write on my own blog...

Anonymous said...

i miss you love! I know you are crazy busy and im waiting for your call back...;) im missin my gals like crazy lately so thought id catch up on all your blogs since ive been bad about that. cant wait to come see your new home and meet your new amigos...i laughed out loud when i read that you make your roomies watch felicity, so i know they are awesome! (roundhouse round two??) I start working again tomorrow so ill start saving for a plane ticket! love you and cant wait to see you...i think about you and miss you everyday :) MUAH!