Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'm Tired, Tuesday!

The picture to the left is of me and a couple of the other interns in Laguna Beach over this past weekend! It has been a crazy week! I can't believe a week has already flown by since I last wrote!

Last week we had our party in San Diego. I was planning on going early to help set up at the party and trade show, then I was told I didn't have to, then Thursday morning when I rolled into work I found out I was needed in San Diego. We had to have one of the other interns with a car, who wasn't going to be too busy that day, drive me down to San Diego. Dave, who is from San Francisco was the lucky one.

It was a really busy day for us because we had to stop a couple times a long the way to get some things for the party and trade show. We stopped in Carlsbad, California which was so BEAUTIFUL! Well, really, the whole drive down to San Diego was beautiful. It was a really nice day so I was able to get some good pictures in while Dave drove.

We were able to get the stuff we needed, get down to the trade show in downtown San Diego, walk around the show, drop stuff off at the bar where the party was and get to La Jolla, California just in time to meet the other interns. Most of the other interns came down for the party and we were able to stay at one of the TOMS full timer's house in La Jolla... again, Beautiful! This was the view from the front of her drive way! (below)

The party was good, but definitely not my crowd. There were a lot of 'surfer dude' types there and the bands we had play were very odd...

The next day we all woke up pretty early and a couple cars of us decided we would drive back to LA on the Pacific Highway --- which again, was beautiful!

We didn't stop in a lot of places, but we DID stop in Laguna. A bunch of us stopped and got lunch and did a little browsing of their shops. The town was set up in the hills and had a lot of cute restaurants and shops and of course had a great beach! (The top picture.)

It was really nice to have the Friday off and be able to take our time getting back to LA and get to see some things along the way. That night we all were pretty tired and wanted to just relax, so we did!

Saturday afternoon my room mates and I decided to do some touring around Santa Monica and LA. We went to J-Town (Japanese Town, which is just a little area that has a lot of Japanese restaurants and stores). We then decided to go to The Grove, which is a shopping area in West Hollywood that has a movie theatre, a lot of great stores and a farmer's market - where we had some onion rings, which we think are what gave Abbi food poisoning, she was sick all day Sunday :(!

Yesterday at work we got to meet Blake for the first time! It is really fun to have him around the office and it totally feels like he is a celebrity - well, at least to us interns! It was just really odd when I was going through our press clippings, with articles about him and he is standing right there! Yesterday a film crew with Current TV came in to interview him and took footage of our office/warehouse.


Today was awesome! I got to sit in on a merchandising meeting with Blake... I learned so much in just 40 minutes! I got to listen to Blake explain where he got the idea for an upcoming product for TOMS. He was incredibly inspiring - I could have listened to him talk about everything for hours! Plus, what TOMS has coming up for spring and fall is pretty amazing and I can't wait for the launch!

I am incredibly exhausted and I will write more soon! I would love to hear some of Ya'll's comments!!

-Peace & TOMS!

Kirsten

1 comment:

tara polly photography said...

hey kirsten, just wanted to let you know that i love reading your updates. your life seems so fun right now! :) -tara polly