Hi.
Wow, Has my life sped by.
Exactly a year ago I immersed myself in this place called LaLa Land, Los Angeles, The West Side... and I find myself still here. It has been six or so months since I last wrote, and I have too much to write about the past six or so months, that I'm not even going to try.
Well, maybe I will try to sum it up: It has all been Necessary.
There has been one consistent theme throughout this past year, and that is that I've been trying to find where I fit in (job-wise). I didn't get a job with TOMS (still heartbroken - But, I guess I am technically a TOMS employee by working at the Pop-Up store), I took a chance with a small design competition (that fell through, due to some shady business) and Now -- I'm trying to take everything I've learned this past year I've spent in California, and hope to make my next career move - the Right move.
I can't be in a stuffy office. I can't sit behind a desk in a cube. I can't wear heels to work, or dress pants for that matter. I can't have just one task. I can't have the 9-5 lock down... Thank God I'm in California.
I have so many interests, I think I could be very happy about doing a lot of things... working with a band, a non-profit, an ad agency, in fashion...
I just need to figure out what I would like about doing those jobs and see if there is a position that combines those things.
... I have a couple interviews and a lot to think about. Thats really all I got. For now.
...bye.
2 comments:
i am so glad you are back!! back blogging, that is. i have missed reading about your life and i miss you. we SO need to catch up. and i moved into a big house so you need to come visit and stay. and i PROMISE i will come visit you soon. i'm only working one job now. love you!
You have a couple interviews? That's so exciting! I'm wishing you so so so much luck, lady. Let me know how everything goes.
Post a Comment